Thursday, February 04, 2010

Battered, Bruised Badly but Still Strong, Most Lovable and Raring To Go

Nothing gets bigger than these two things, mother and motherland. We just done with our sixtieth Republic Day celebration and that mean since Sixty years we are enjoying and living as a democratic person. Most people do not know meaning of democracy. I learned it very hard way and lucky still surviving. When I was in Middle East, first time I came to know how free we are when we express our thoughts. Many countries of the world where you just have to eat, sleep and pray in the name of the ruler and if you said a thing against them, you may be lying six feet under. While living some of those cities in the Middle East, one of that was Baghdad and other Jeddah too, we were living like total what can be describe as dumb dumb, never allowed to express your feeling and forced to strangle your religious belief and spirituality whatever was there. We lost all our freedom to express ourselves while living such places and only for sake of money, a bitter truth.

When India decided to go democratic way, that eventual day happened long before I was born. The day 26th January 1948 was indeed a historic one, agreed by all and so-called NRI’s too, specially those who accidentally found themselves in a non-democratic land and most probably learned same way as I did. All joy of democracy may be bit soured by the fact that  pioneer of India’s independent Mahatma Gandhi was no more that time, he was killed within six months after we finally got rid of the British rule. Today I look upon Gandhiji from little different perspective but still not very much agreed to his non-violent movement. Up to certain extent, I also can carry the baggage of non-violence but when pushed to the edges, it is time to flex my muscle too. Why not? I am no saint.

Like last year this year also, I visited the army campus in Fort William Kolkata. Spend a quality time with the Army personnel, got loads of knowledge about their life, modern artilleries and different kind of machinery they are using. I also surprised them with my knowledge specially in the field of networking devices.

Once, one of my friend told me ‘Look at the Indian map, it is very unique, it look like always ready to hug me’. Yes, it is always ready to hug you and it is time for you to stop complaining about Government and stop drawing a balance sheet all the time about what you got form Government, it is not between you and the Government it is between you and the country. Try to do something or anything; it is worth, just do it. It is a unique country with very rich culture curry. Battered by the neighbours, so called insider and traitor, bruised badly, still it is my country and that too largest democratic country of the world. India! Proud of you.

!!! Who said sixteen is sweet, sixty is sweeter. !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment