Thursday, February 11, 2010

Want a Supari? I Got One from Government.

Before I can proceed, I want to clarify about the word Supari. There are two types of Supari, one is a type of nuts, chewed with or without betel leaves for nothing and in result you will get a few problem, exact problem I also do not know, it is very funny because all addictions ends there only. Other Supari is more interesting one, it is money given to the contract killer to get rid of the thorn. This thorny affair is having lots of flesh and blood in it too. Yes, I am talking about the last one only.

Passion for two-wheeler: When I am all eleven, I decided to learn cycling and all by myself. My father’s cycle was the one available for me, which was huge and heavy. In Jammy, we were having a narrow road just behind our quarters directly goes to the Kharkai River. I used to take the cycle there and tried hard to get hold of it, it was no less than a wild horse. Most of the days, I used to return with deep gush on my elbows, knees, toes, even on forehead and spare me from disclosing anything aftermath. Most of the days have to run to the small hospital near the house meant for the Tata Employees, to get a bandage. However, after a while the cycle felt bad, most probably looking at my injuries and my blood donation ability, finally one day I succeed. Even not able to mount on the top but at least putting two feet across to the both paddle while resting my hand on the seat, we call it scissor. Apart from a cycle, those days we hardly could think about other vehicle, but I used to envy my P.T. teacher because she was having a Luna.

A branded middle class and living in Mumbai means you are always travelling by BEST buses and mostly by famous Mumbai locals. Later one played a very significant role in my life. Never mind those ugly moment while getting in, those pushing, hurting, foot stamping, fights but also having a big positive sides too, the nostalgic get-together and the gossip timing with friends from all sizes, shapes and all communities. While staying in I.I.T, often I used to hire a cycle and zoom around the campus.

During holidays whenever I visited Jammy tried my hand on my niece’s two-wheeler and when back to Kolkata decided to buy one. After lots of thinking, finally decided against it, that also for one thing only, the moment I get the machine I am not going walk anymore, so I decided to drop the idea. This was one of my wish list, which was achievable, affordable but still not permissible.

During my eight years in aboard always having different car for our travelling purpose, you name it – Merc, Volvo, all those Japanese cars, Land Rover, Hammers and of course car made by General motors. However, cannot forget the two doors Honda, it was my dream car. I am always a huge car buff and always keeping track with new machines around, but never dreamt to have a one. My brother is having a one, so one day I decided to learn driving, joined a motor training class, the fellow used to pick me up from home around 5.30a.m. After I finished with my training, my trainer informed me that to collect my license I have to appear for a test and also told me that it is just a routine job still I was damn nervous. After waiting outside Motor Vehicle Office somewhere in Alipore, Kolkata, a man came up to me with a file in hand and asked ‘What is the stop sign?’ I showed him the sign and he was gone. That was my driving test in Kolkata for the license. You believe me or not, yes that was the test for me and all aspirant drivers who wanted a driving license. So Kill Bill, sorry I am not in competition with Uma Thurman or Quentin Tarantino, I rather say

!!!OOPs, I got a License to Kill at will, that too from Government.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment