Thursday, January 07, 2010

New is attractive but old is always shining

Another year passed by and standing at the doorstep of this New Year, if I ask myself –
What’s New?
The answer is very simple one – nothing, as I am always working. Frankly speaking, there are no fond memories of New Year that can be share or written, of course, there are few ifs and buts exist in everywhere. I do not believe putting myself under any resolution. If I know that I am wrong then I should stop instantly, why to wait for 364 plus or minus days. After living a much-disciplined life, find there is nothing to prove or nothing left for me, which I can do other way. In future, I will like to do something for the unprivileged children at least what I can do the best, teaching computer and let me see if it is possible or not.

Now these days, I feel New Year belongs to the Mobile operators only, you can see real joy of New Year only on their faces; they really enjoy it more than anybody else does.

Last year around mid November, I was looking back to the year and found it very satisfactory; it was too early to do so, soon after 26/11 happened, those days were some of the worst of my life. Seeing so much blood all over the television screen and a real one, not from reel. Specially at Gate Way of India, the only place of Mumbai that remains unchanged over the year. I always have a very soft corner for Mumbai and cause is well known. This year I waited till the first morning of 2010 before assessing the year 2009 and it was too very satisfactory and most happening for me to getting the courage to write and that too here.

In India, we always celebrate two New Year, one from our own calendar and other from this Georgian calendar. Bengali New Year is more traditional one. When I was a kid used to get few bucks on that occasion, which was very rare and precious too.

Coming to those few exceptions, when I was in Singapore my friends forced me to take a few sip from a glass of champagne on that particular New Year eve, after that they started treating me like a child, as if I was very high. That was my last encounter with something like champagne. One such New Year eve that I spend at Santiniketan was also bit different from other but this one was very different from all others and that too for two very different reasons. The 1999 New Year eve was very different because, Year 2000 problem also known as the Y2K problem or the millennium bug and that time it was not look like a bug rather a monster itself. All over the globe everybody was sure, that all old computer clocks would stop ticking or something like that at 0.00-01/01/2000, but finally computers itself prove everyone wrong and broke my heart as I was thinking for a break. None of the glitches caused major incidents.

On that very New Year eve, it was Friday, I was meeting a friend in Dombivili and it was strict no-no from me for a New Year celebration. No I was not worried for the computer on which I was working, I was very disturb and thinking about the peoples those struck since 24th December 1999, in Khandar Airport in a hijacked Indian airlines plane IC-814. On 31 December 1999, evening they freed all the hostages and were flown back to India on a special plane, huge relive, no there was not a single face which known to me, but it made me sad. Also still feel very sad for the fellow who was stabbed and killed on same voyage, he was just married and gone to Nepal for honeymoon. Just think about the bride?
!!!All new things attracted us instantly, before taking our best foot forward, the last step always a most important one, while falling it may give us a new lease of life.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment