Thursday, January 21, 2010

Longed for a power boon?

Yesterday, 20th January was a special day. In Vedic calendar it is month of Magha and yesterday was the 5th day, also known as Vasant Panchami, time for Saraswati puja, considered to be a very auspicious day too. Saraswati puja meant a lot for me during my early days. When we used to study, not for the jobs we studied only because we have to study. Our parents wanted us to study, so we studied and learn a bit during the journey. On those days we were so scared that if we failed to pray Saraswati properly then we might even failed in the examination. Sounds very funny, life was all fun for us.

Goddess Saraswati (Goddess of learning) always having a special place in me. Everybody from musicians to scientists in India pray to her for guidance and knowledge. Even look at the deity itself, it is bit different from others, with very neat and clean looks and always in white. Those who first imagined it really had a great artistic views and imagination. Even today, I cannot totally ignore the goddess Saraswati. Of course, now I am looking beyond of those failing or passing logic.

Frankly speaking, I am not very happy; I think Saraswati was not too kind to me. I do not know if I was expecting too much, because I am not a Kalidasa, sitting and cutting the same branch of a tree. Only tree I ever climbed was my neighbour guava tree that too when I was in Kolkata. How foolish I was why never ever tried the way Kalidasa did; now it is too late. In my next life ( reincarnation - you cannot call it Sach ka Samna, may be Samne ka Samna) I wish to repackaged myself as a super fool as Kalidasa and let me see if I can too manage a boon from my beloved goddess. Past is past, still don’t you think she was bit biased, I mean concerning Kalidasa.

After coming back to Kolkata, this time around once again encountered with various pujas and other religious activities. I was least bothered by all those, difference only in case of Saraswati puja and here I am the one who is little biased. Started the rituals in my office after couple of year I realized that your most prize possession on this day is the priest. They are really one you looked for and wait for the way a soldier’s wife waits years after years for her husband to return from battlefield. If they promised you a date on 8a.m. in the morning then you can expect him by mid afternoon, that also if you are very lucky one. End of third year I stop performing the same. Last five years am doing it at my home. Because still I cannot ignore Saraswati.

Jokes apart, I am thankful to God for whatever I got, I will end with this piece of Saraswati Sholoka -
Yaa Kundendu tushaara haara-dhavalaa / Yaa shubhra-vastra'avritha / Yaa veena-vara-danda-manditakara / Yaa shwetha padma'asana / Yaa brahma'achyutha
shankara prabhritibhir Devai-sadaa Vanditha / Saa Maa Paatu Saraswati Bhagavatee
Nihshesha jaadyaa-pahaa.

!!!In the first place why, I am complaining? I am too writing and feeling great. Even I am better than Kalidasa, I know bit Sanskrit, Ha!! Poor Kalidasa, he had no idea about English, Bengali and Hindi.!!!

1 comment:

  1. Abhishek Biswas(Maddy)January 25, 2010 at 9:53 PM

    I guess poor Kalidasa was much poorer as he didn't also know Logo,Basic,C,C++,Java... N all the others dat U no... Read all Your blogs tonight... Just amazing... Kudos mam.. Your writting has all the flavours dat we miss from da quintessential recent past... Intelligent,Witty,Humorous,Awe inspiring,Informative...I guess there's no adjective to fit in the quality of Your blogs... With this kind of skills critics can't say a thing about Your writing... Congratulations... Behold O Great World,BeeeBeee is on her way 2 da big stage... As for a compliment for You may be... Aaaaaa.... God dis is tuf............................
    Hmmm.... I guess I don't know... Ya fir 3IDIOTS k bhasha mein "JAHANPANA TUSSI GR8 HO,TOHFA KABUL KARO...." :-) 8-)

    ReplyDelete