Thursday, December 30, 2010

No Seasonal Blooms, yet Falling Apart



Standing at the doorstep of any New Year, it is my habit to look back at the old one. This year also not an exception, I was not looking at my personal achievement or failures but to some very confusing statistics. Last year we had only three and half seasons instead of four. After eight months of scorching summer, there were a quick fire monsoon then a moderate autumn and finally winter is here. This year we hardly experienced any rainfall and not hoping any better for the future. Greeneries are vanishing thick and fast from Kolkata skyline, obviously the rain pattern going to remain same. Every city’s development preparation comes with a package that includes some plan for plantation, but in Kolkata everything works in reverse order. When I am talking about package for development, most of those come as a loan from different development banks, a little extra plan will cost extra buck, subsequently it will reduce the cut-money that is going to the pocket of various bureaucrats and ministers. Autumn reminds me of USA and its Fall, an unimaginable view with treetops completely changing its colour. Autumn is also very significant among other seasons in India; it is the season of festivals, even this season pinches your pocket very hard still it is outstanding. Winter is here, not big way as it is hurting everywhere in Europe, USA and even Himalayan states of our country. Temperature is still staying as per comfort level and simply winter meant for lazing around. Looking at my garden can see the scattered dry leaves all around. The process starts from end of autumn and continue until beginning of the spring. This routine is very strange, I wonder what the tree itself goes through when old one kept falling, just move on with the process or it too feels the pain as human does.

Looking back to the lanes and by lanes of my journey there were many who crossed my path, some left huge impact, some left quietly and there were some those who were just deserted by me. Today it is so easy, all in ones finger tips, just press a few button and you can give a new lifeline to the broken link, of-course if you are intended to. Our time it was not like that, some cute faces lost during my primary school and then the best time one had their lifetime was the high school, then college and so on. I was very adamant in my younger days, always wanted others to approach me than myself. This attitude often cost me dear concerning a few relations, but that was me and everyone has their own way.

During my initial years in Mumbai, I used give some tuition; enjoyed that stint because I always enjoyed the company of younger one. Today back again to teaching, still old students keep visiting me and we spend hours chatting on different topics, it is a signal that my simple sense of humour is not yet in coma.

There were four sister studying in a very reputed convent school, elder one was in class eight and younger one in class four. They were Christian but protestant, the mother was very fond of me more than my comfort and wanted that every year I should go back and teach her wards. Once found her standing in my bus stand for hours to meet me. Three years on the trot, I taught them then I left that place. After six or seven years, while I was waiting for a bus near Victoria Terminus I saw them back nearby bus stop, all them were grownup and looked like a bunch of young ladies. They were looking at me and obviously talking about me but hesitant to approach. It was all that required was a bit smile from me but I never allowed that and after sometime my bus came along. Today while writing, I just call myself a big fool.

She was my classmate while we were studying computer near Haji Ali, she was my group mate in my project works too. Almost after five years I saw her back, waiting for a train in Mulund station, she was for down train and I was for up train, she looked at me and I did the same thing but none of us tried something more than that. We were standing few meters apart and face to face and never acknowledge each other, funny, my train came along and I boarded.

While visiting my old place in Jamshedpur, if I want I can renew my old relation with my old pals, but my way of life diverted a very different way and I do not know how to communicate with them, so I never tried it.

To revive an old relation no matter what is the gravity of it; all one need is a little smile, one small acknowledgment and a little gesture. All this little things are free yet we never give away free items for free, and on the way we lost some priceless things.

!!!Spring is round the corner, every tree will experience a new bloom; it never happens to us, we do not have any periodical bloom, for us old and new equally matters!!! Hi! Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment