Thursday, December 23, 2010

Challenge and Emulate!



Giving away unconditionally, considered to be a of great human quality, hard earned money given for a good cause, Kudos to the donor. I cannot do it, baring a small one that I do not want to disclose, I believe in this great one-linerWhile right hand is giving, left hand should be unaware of it’. Frankly, I do not have much, worked hard and earned a bit, had a petty simple life and kept a bit for the rainy days. Tomorrow comes with a big question mark and zero answers, great uncertainty makes it beautiful. Therefore, I do not know if there will be at all any rainy days written in my account or not, if not then I will consider myself a most lucky one. It is dream, final call just striking me for the final time when I am sitting in this chair and in front of my computer, sounds delicious!

There are many noble citizens in this world those willing to give away for good cause, they too earned it in a hard way and happy to give away. I cannot hide my appreciation for these peoples. The list of big giver is growing, with Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and others. We got two new names and surprisingly very young, Mark Zuckerberg and Dustin Moskovitz the Facebook co-founders have pledged to give away at least half of their fortunes in a philanthropic campaign led by Warren Buffett and Bill Gates.

I already mentioned that Indian rich and famous does not know way of giving, damn selfish. A very ridiculous and horrible explanation came from a very colourful personality and a famed corporate honcho, rather call him liquor baron. Let me describe it by his way, he thinks that he is providing huge enjoyment to the peoples of this nation mainly those are drinking his fine liquors, therefore, the tax that generated is filling the government coffer, where is the need for him to donate for any philanthropist cause. Ha! Ha! Good joke Mr. Colourful, Ouch! It hearts, in winter it is very difficult to enjoy a good joke.

What a shame, India is a leaping giant with growing economy and hardly any giver but then from out of blue someone came with a very generous contribution for rural education that too almost nine thousand crores (2 billions dollar). A huge face saving contribution for India and all common citizens like me. He is Azim Premji, the WIPRO boss. While my field is IT, my encounter with WIPRO way back to eighties, during that time they tried there hand on computer hardware. Slowly Mr. Azim Premji diverted to software and now it is one of the topmost IT companies.

Azim Premji

WIPRO is India's third largest software development companies. According to Forbes, Mr. Premji is currently the second richest Indian with a personal wealth of US$17 billion in 2010. His father M. H. Premji owned the Western India PROducts which later became Wipro Ltd. which made hydrogenated vegetable oils and fats. He completed his initial education at St. Mary's School, Mumbai, Premji was forced to leave his studies in electrical engineering from Stanford University, California, USA at the age of 21 to take over the family business when his father, M.H. Premji, suddenly died in 1966. He has since after a gap of over thirty years completed his degree in Electrical Engineering.

He is nowhere in a race to build a luxurious house that going to compete with a Taj Mahal or any other wonder monument and certainly detest to pose with a dozen of bikini clad girls those are posing for a year calendar. Therefore, my man of the season is Azim Premji. To write my conclusion I always come up with my own quotation but today I just wanted to say a big thanks to Mr. Premji for his generous contribution.


!!!This blog to and for Prem with lots of love and regards!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment