Thursday, March 25, 2010

Searching for Yellow Stripe

No, I am not shopping for any dress material. Every time I turned to the Television screen, which very often I do, as last one and half year I stopped watching T.V. Whenever accidentally I look at this wonderful visual device which gave us vision (more dream than reality), mission (never accomplished) and of course no motion, somebody always telling us to write a blog to save tiger. I am not a poacher; come on, you have to believe me I am telling truth and hundred percent truths, only living object which I killed are mosquitoes less for biting and more for their horrible singing capabilities, Cockroaches and ants. Last one is my favourite one, very social yet very irritating. My encounter with the tiger, powerful yet beautiful animal is only via Zoo. Yes! Once I have seen it in Nandan Kanon, Orissa too, but apart from that no other experience, otherwise I would have taken an interview and by the time definitely caught the poacher. Misquoted? Because, I am not from any sort of media.

The zoo which I visited are Alipore Zoo, Kolkata, Sakchi Zoo, Jammy, Alexandria Zoo, Egypt and of course RaniBaug, Byculla, Mumbai.

Let me give some rating, smallest of all zoo was one in Jammy and looking at the size of the town itself it is not that bad and my rating is two out of five. Kolkata zoo, so-so, something like chalega. In winter you will find a big queue in front, mostly visitors are from the near by villages, but apart from covering a large area, condition of the animals here are very bad. My rating is as same as Jammy. Alexandria, a wonderful zoo with lots of animal around and well nurtured too. Four out of five can be given without any hesitation.

Now it is Mumbai, amchi or tumchi or Indiachi, not going to debate, because I am talking about animal and nobody knows which state they belongs, obviously as they do not fight for that. State of this zoo in Byculla is miserable. I do not think anybody with little brain at the top floor ever planned to visit here. Most sought city, glamours one (for bollywood), most income tax coffer filler (not by Marathi’s) and most worst zoo, half out of five.

However, I am talking here about saving tiger project, Mumbai have many toothless tiger with big tongue.

Shiv-Sena, what they are doing? They should undertaken this project, at least sponsor one tiger, if there are no tiger around, what will be the future of their symbol, in future someone may think it is a rat or a mouse or may be a creature form Pandora.

Kolkata, home of Royal Bengal Tiger, do not think, that every man come from Kolkata is a tiger like Saurav Ganguly (I always wonder what he have done to compare with an animal like tiger), neither every women is a tigress like Sharmila Tagore. Ha! Remember, there is Tiger Pataudi, handsome, tall fella and a wonderful cricketer. Why he called a tiger? May be he killed more dear than the tiger. The LTTE boss, he never fought like a tiger and neither died like one.

We are from pure middle class, 24 carets, we cannot harm or neither help this project but if my writing can do it, I will do it. Do not go by my horrible sense of humour. I really concerned for all these and why only tiger look at the vanishing Sparrows and Mainas from our neighbourhood tree top because there are hardly any tree around. It was such an enjoyable experience for me when walked back and forth from Dombivili station, my god, the only tree near the station at Dombivli west which gave shelter to the thousand of birds and mostly parrot, what a wonderful sight that was.

!!!Greedy and selfish two legged animal, never think that the perishing time is coming for all, whom to blame, obvious choice you and I.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment