Thursday, November 12, 2009

Irritation? Preserve it, enjoy later.

Irritation is such a thing; bring out all ugly emotion hidden in you, anger, despair and even an evil hiding inside you. However, believe me or not once irritated but today having a hearty smile while writing.

Life in Dombivili was hard, but it was worth. I was one of the luckiest person who used to work five days a week, even envied by my bosses. Somebody told me – just lazing around weekends, why do not come and work as visiting faculty in our place, we need someone like you. Money is such a thing you can not ignore. So I decided to join them for Saturday and Sunday afternoon. My friend wanted to kill me as I was totally unavailable for any outing. So leaving my home and little comfort, I used to walk down the lane and by lane of Dombi for eight to ten minutes to reach my weekend working place.

This fellow, middle aged, foreign return, wanted to go back soon, and wanted to get a few things about computer before he can go back. First started with DOS, after teaching few things, I started with creating folder, while teaching him CD (Change Directory) command, after lots of explanation found him still sulking I tried to give an example, something like this- “See this building is like a hard disk and every flat is like a folder, your flat is your personal folder, so when go in you have to unlock the door same way you give CD and folder name to go in and when come out only CD.., so on…”. After a minute or so, he said to me – Oh! CD command is like a security guard of the building.” I stood there for a minute, speechless and then all I wanted to tell him –“yes Mr.., the security guard is coming, armed with an AK47 and going to clean up the building”, but finally I took a deep breath and started all over. A building for an example? In my whole life until today, I never ever committed that mistake.

This lady was having everything you asked for, good look, a green card (both husband and wife), having a business in Mumbai, a home in prime location and two beautiful kids, a daughter and a son. Her family background was something that really impressed me – Father Sindhi, citizen of Hong Kong, mother Maharashtrian and she married to a Gujarati fellow.

Even I was years younger than her she used to respect me a lot, but I was having bit negative feeling towards her for other thing(very unwise BeeeBeees), one of my junior colleague, very dear to me was working in her office in the mornings and she was very upset with her beheviour.

Always greeting me with a big smile- “Hi Ms. B.”, incidentally both of my initial starts with ‘B’.
One day she asked me to help her to buy a computer. Computers are not that cheaper in those days and it was considered to be a prize possession for any house hold, also there were not many option or neither too many computer engineers around. Today armed with a single screwdriver you are a computer engineer. I gave her an address and she finally got a system and requested me to check it. That time we yet to have a Windows OS. While checking I found a few viruses in the system. That time there were not many virus around, may be there were a few infected minds. I called up the company that supplied the computer and told them about it, when I looked back, the lady looked horrified and told me – “Virus? What about my children?” I just wanted to tell her – “Yes! Move fast get your green card and rush to USA and get all vaccines available there.” Instead of that I made matter worse for her (a devil in me) and told her –“don’t worry; these are not physical virus, only logical virus”. Instead of cooling down, she looked more concerned “What do you mean by logical viruses?” I felt pity and finally decided to close the chapter and said, “Your children will be fine, but if one them start sneezing tomorrow then do not blame the computer, computer can snooze but never sneeze.”

I was young and may be impatient, so when often irritated by someone, reacted differently, but today some of those moments remind me-

!!! Not all irritations are that itchy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment