Thursday, September 17, 2009

Romancing the Season [in monsoon mai aur badal dono hi crazy hawa ke sang Pagal]

[Ruth Aa Gayi Re Ruth Chhaa Gayi Re,
Peeli Peeli Sarson Phoole Peele Peele Patte Jhoome
Peehu Peehu Papiya Bole Chal Baag Mein]

Summer: Summer, Summer go away come again another day
Fiery Sun God is very active with all its fire power and ammunition. These days of long, boring summer just take away all my feelings, leaving behind a high and dry BeeeBees. Even my heart longs for a few drops of fresh blood. Nevertheless, summer has to be there. Talking about global warming, summer may be a better option than the ice age.

[Esho hey Baishakh, Esho Esho, Taposh O nishasho Baye, Mumursure Dao Urdaye . .]
(Come, oh Baishakh (April)! come, Breathing the fragrance of meditation. . . . .Tagore)

Monsoon: Barkha Rani, why not Barkha Raja? Gender Biased?  Barish will be better, and in my mother tongue, Bristi is more sweet, like rassogulla (mistti).

 Rain and my early Kolkata (Calcutta) days were very messy affairs, with muddy and slippery roads and a full stop to all outdoor activities. Rain and my romance started when I moved to Jammy (Jamshedpur). A planned town covered with green umbrellas, those thunderstorms, heavy rains, and cool breezes are still fresh in my memory. This is the season to not only have feelings but also something to look at. I like everything about it, no matter what the situation. A gloomy sky, crazy passing winds, and a few droplets try to caress me; I just look up and give a bright welcome smile.

[Pagla Hawa Badol Diney Pagol Amar Mon Jegey Othey]
(On a cloudy day when crazy breeze are passing, my heart start dancing all the way - Tagore)

Autumn: All of a sudden I fall in love with Sun, yes, that same Sun, change of mood, no, I am not a moody fella, a small piece of weak sun rays peeping through my window just reminds me that all sunny days are not fiery ones, some of those sunny days are also cute and funny days. A tiny piece of cloud left behind tries to find its own way through the blue sky, playing hide-and-seek with the sun and moon. The drumbeat of Durga puja or Navaratri and the fragrance of seuli (Prajakata)—the combo is just nostalgia.

[Eseche sarat himer paras legeche hawar pare, sakal belay ghaser dagay shishirer choya lage]
(
Autumn (Sarat) is here, just feel the cool breeze and presence of morning dews on the top of grass – Tagore)

Winter : Thandi Hawa Yeh Chandni Suhani..../also reminds me the poem of Robert Frost - Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening.

This is my second home, Sili Hawa, or Chilly Hawa sab chalega. Always enjoy every bit of dripping mercury; sad mercury never drips that way these days. Winter means early morning lazing around, winter means blue sky, winter means feeling fresh with a cold-water bath, winter means foods and lots of foods, and winter means weight gain. In winter, apart from this weighty affair, everything feels good.

[Shiter Haway laglo Nachon, laglo Nachon Amlokir Oy daley daley . .]
(Winter breeze dancing and dancing through those amlaki (amla) trees - Tagore)

Spring: My early memories of spring belong to my school days, when we used to celebrate Basant Uttsab (Spring Festival), a beautiful musical extravaganza. Slowly, one day it was just meaningless to me, but today, when cuckoos start singing, I cannot resist walking to my window and trying to locate them on the tree top. No! Cuckoos are not the ones or their beautiful singing that actually draw me to the window.
  • I just want to locate the foolish crow and its nest. Why again and again these foolish creatures fall prey of those lazy cuckoos?
[Fagun hawai hawai Korechijey daan, Amar apon hara pran, Amar badhan chera pran ..]
(I have contributed my selfless soul, My soul bereft of all ties To the Fagun breeze - Tagore).

While romancing the seasons, I try to pay a little tribute to Tagore, also end with it.

[Din Guli mor sonar khanchay roilo na, roilo na, sei je amar nana ranger dinguli]
!!!
Sad, that I am not able to keep my old days in a golden cage, all those my
multi-colour days !!!

1 comment:

  1. .. memories are sweet, nostalgic, yet sometimes painful. The writings on wall are rminders of the good old days.
    .. "klanto dine alas khone,
    atit jedin podbe mone
    sedin jodi aamar kotha nahiba mone roy,
    lekha tukui debe tomai aamar porichoy."

    ReplyDelete