Thursday, July 05, 2012

Kid Story! The Menace in the Campus!


After going through three different schools, finally I was settled with one only when I migrated to Jammy (Jamshedpur). Two different schools in which I studied in Jammy were exceptional. Specially life in my last school was unforgettable one. The surrounding, the teachers and being a part of a naughtiest gang, I mean my friends circle, Nostalgia!. It was not all fun and no study, I was reasonably good in my studies and that probably made things better because the last one was your ticket to the teacher affections. During my seven years tenure in two different Jammy school I never have seen a teacher who needed a stick to discipline the student. Sticks were never found a place in our classroom. Not all of us were a saint but the credit goes to our teachers and their extra-ordinary patience. Until today, I never failed to pay my gratitude to those angles who once enlighten my life.

Today when I looked forward to today’s school I can see the miserable state it is in. Most of the teachers are not going to school for teaching rather working as a marketing manager for themselves. They go to the school for selling their services that they giving back at their home or in other coaching center. Often their message to the parent is very clear and parents too preferred the same to find an easy way escape route from their responsibility. Therefore, it is unwise to solely blame the school or the teaching staff. Today’s kids too partially accountable for the situations. I cannot say the kids are the lone sufferer, they are taking most advantage from these situations. They are getting more and reluctant to give back. Tolerance, patience is the word that does not exist in the dictionary of today’s kid. However, situation in Indian education institutional campus are not as grim as USA and Europe but it is a fashion for the young Indians are to follow the west and some recent past events in the campus are seems very alarming.

Kolkata, South Point School

With twelve thousand odd students, South Point counted as one of the largest school in Asia. It has a history of numerous petite campus violence but most alarming when it was happened between two classs I students.

The school authorities conceded that a fight had broken out between two six-year-old. “They fought among themselves, like young children often do. We had also called the parents to solve the issue. We did not anticipate that the parents would lodge a police complaint. We will inquire into the matter,” said a school official.
However, the parents have different story to tell, “The bullying has been going on since April, when my son was admitted to Class I. My son was beaten up regularly, even with iron rods at times,” said the boy’s mother. My son was beaten up so badly with a water bottle that he had to be given first aid at school. We also had to take him to a doctor.


New Delhi

An eighth-grader stabbed an 11th-grader in the shoulder and chest at Central School No. 1, a government school in New Delhi. The victim, a boy named Rahul, said he was trying to break up a fight. "Some kids were fighting and I just went there to stop them. Suddenly one of them turned around and stabbed me even before I could realize," said Rahul, wrapped in gauze bandage. He underwent minor surgery.

Gurgaon

Gurgaon is famous for score of negative things which I have already written in my earlier blog. A 14-year-old boy was fatally shot by two other boys in a hallway of the upscale Euro International School in Gurgaon, a suburb of New Delhi, police reported. One of the boys sneaked his father's gun into the school, wrapped in a sock. According to police, two students took turns shooting Abhishek Tyagi, 14, in a school hall. He died with two bullets in his chest and one in his head, news reports said. The two boys are being held in juvenile detention.

Madhya Pradesh

In a replay of that crime, a 15-year-old student at a government school in the state of Madhya Pradesh was shot dead by a 17-year-old classmate. Police said the assailant used a homemade handgun.

CHENNAI
Class IX student of a Chennai school stabbed his teacher to death inside the  classroom itself. The cause is given by the police as that the boy was under pressure after the teacher repeatedly sent adverse remarks to his parents. The student, son of a customs clearing agency employee, repeatedly stabbed his Hindi teacher Uma Maheshwari.

Parents investing  exuberant every amount on their child for better future but often return is nix. If you are getting more then you are bound to give back more. Blaming on the pressure you cannot take a ride an one-way traffic.

!!!Good Investment means quality returns but where it is?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment