Thursday, February 02, 2012

The Golden Days!



Life is nothing but a tremulous journey. However this unsteady journey is beautiful yet bumpy, short or long but everyone has to pass through different stages. Some paths are full of thorns and journey becomes so unbearable that we are forced to wonder ‘God! Why with me?’. Of course we forget everything when we move towards the sunshine. My perspective is totally different, I always consider those old bad days are the glorious moments of my life because those are the days that made me stronger. What is life if we have never struggled for something and a goal is worthless if it comes easily. Born with a golden spoon was not a thing that I ever desired. Among the passing phases, everyone has their own favourite and worst to choose from. Nevertheless, the phase we left behind during our schooling days will come out as clear winner as the best phase of ones life.

My school days are considered to be the golden times of my life. It was a big close knit family and I have no words for my teachers. Those bunch of dedicated women, who used to come to the school to  teach and obviously we were there only to learn. Decades gone over but for me still my teachers are the driving force that are  generating the burring desire for my learning passion. Let me look little to one of the oldest and respected profession of the world.

India is a country where once teachers were respected as per God. The believe was based on the text from available old stuffs. If we believe those textual substances then Balmiki was considered to be one of the greatest teacher who ever lived in this earth. Today I am going to put some names of the teachers who glorified this noble profession.

Socrates

Socrates was educators, philosophers, politicians and scientists all over the world acknowledge that Socrates was one of the most enlightened teachers and thinkers in our history. Through students like Plato, Socrates encouraged the pursuit of virtue through critical thinking and questioning. This system has affected all industries and fields of study and has inspired other great philosophers.

Annie Sullivan

Annie Sullivan is best known as being Helen Keller’s instructor. She coached her deaf and blind student by giving her obedience and social etiquette lessons, as well as teaching her Braille. Sullivan became well-known and respected for her teaching methods and for being able to help Keller progress well beyond her expected potential. Sullivan traveled with Keller to give lectures and was supported by Alexander Graham Bell and Andrew Carnegie. Sullivan was also recognized by Temple University and other educational institutes "for her tireless teaching and commitment to Helen Keller."

Pythagoras

Pythagoras, also known as "the father of numbers," was a Greek philosopher and mathematician who invented the Pythagorean theorem, which is still taught and used today. Though Pythagoras spent much of his life traveling and learning, he also became a teacher in India, where he is still known as "the Ionian teacher," or Yavanacharya. He later built an educational institute in Croatia to teach philosophy and basic "moral training."

Sir Isaac Newton

Sir Isaac Newton is credited with discovering the theory of gravity, but he was also a Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge, appointed by Isaac Barrow. During this time, Newton made advances in his optical research.

I came to this profession by accident rather than by choice but I will never deny that I enjoyed the journey and tried my best to carry forward what my teachers have given to me. On the week of Saraswati puja I convey my regards to the teachers who once thought me in different course of my life. Looking forward to join you all at the other side of the world.

!!!Embarrassed to see that over hundred millions children worldwide deprived  from savoring the joy of being in the school.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment