Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sticking with the peoples yet they are Tata!!


I have a very soft corner for the Tata’s, the only and genuine corporate house of India. While thinking about the Tata’s, a number of adjective will queued up in your mind, culture, humanity, honesty and so on. As I said, I have a very soft corner for Tata’s, because my father and brother both was a Tata employee. I lived in Jamshedpur and studied in a school that runs by the same corporate house. They pampered their employees and unless you move to another corporate folding you may never realised this. The amenities they provide are unbelievable. Cause behind my praising is not that my father and brother earned their bread from sane company, I too worked for quite a few of them in India and as well as in aboard but I never dared to compare them with the league of Tata. I was sad and angry when political scenario of West Bengal forced Tata to withdraw from Singur. It was the then CPM government's fault, they should left the company to negotiate with the farmer directly and decide on the financial packages than their agents who wanted to make a quick bucks form both the sides. It was not long before when Kolkata was the head office of the Tata’s but Kolkata slowly and steadily lost everything once that were their pride.

I decided to write this after reading, the interview of Ratan Tata that appeared in last Sunday’s Times of India. This topic is a way to show my respect for the Tata that is in me while a long time. The interview was something that expected from a person like Ratan Tata. All know it, specially those are having a little interest in current happening that after 26/11, the Tata’s taken lots of care for the people those were severely affected from that terrorist attack and specially Mr. Ratan Tata personally supervised the rehabilitation. This rehabilitation package not only for Tata employees but also for everyone, even for the tea stall vendor in CST station who lost his daily income. The said interview was regarding Mukesh Ambani’s new address, Antilla and it is very creditable one too. His way of criticizing was a very gentle one but certainly, he may found it ridiculous while looking at the person from a country like India and how the same can shows off his billions only on a house

Ratan Tata’s view on Mukesh Ambani’s Antilla:

“The person who lives in there should be concerned about what he sees around him (asking) can he make a difference. If he is not, that it is sad because India needs people to allocate some of their enormous wealth to finding ways of mitigating the hardship that people have,”

It is known factor that the Tata scions always preferred an ordinary life, from my knowledge that the grand old pioneer of our time Mr. J.R.D. Tata not even had his permanent address in Mumbai the city he lived his all life. He stayed all his life in a rented house.

One more thing what makes me happy that he praised the Indian work culture, specially in Mumbai. I worked all my life in Mumbai and know how hard we worked there, it was beyond 9 to 5 business. In Kolkata, it is not even ten percent of it.

Ambani’s, always likes the good life and least bothered about surrounding. When size do matters you certainly need a big place.

!!!The brain behind the Nano is not trivial, they are colossal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment