Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Star here and a Star there too!


In my school and college going days like any other Indian, I was very much obsessed with the movies from Bollywood and as well as Tollywood. My love for Hollywood movies kicked up when I was in Dubai. I have to pinch myself to believe that in last years of my school I have gone to see an English Movie and it was the first one. ‘Patton’ was the movie, a war drama and without any materials that a school-going girl like me could enjoyed. Much later, I have seen some of George C. Scott movies and came to know that he received and then refused to accept an Oscar for the same role. Today I am not here to write about my obsession or the best movies yet Like to mention that for me it is Katherine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, Deborah Kerr and Dame Elizabeth Taylor will always rule the roost. 

Sometime, it is sad to see how a person from glamour world find it difficult to lead a normal life and plunge to depression related sickness subsequently end up with alcoholism or drug related problem. After a wonderful carrier in Hollywood and equally a very colourful life, Elizabeth Taylor too succumbed to it. This is pity that people never try to find a way that can sooth the pain and heavily depend on others to help them out. There are many noble way one can find a solution to kill the loneliness. Writing, you don’t have to be a Shakespeare, write your heart out, music, reading, this one, the best friend you can have. This era of computer and internet, sit through it, will find that time is killing you. To lead a normal life one don’t need to put an extra effort, take Jodie Foster for an example.

My tribute to the actress and phenomena known as Elizabeth Taylor, who died on March 23.

Elizabeth Taylor

Dame Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor was born in February 27 to Francis Lenn Taylor and Sara Viola Warmbrodt, at Heathwood, England. Although she was born an England, her parents were Americans. Her mother had been an actress on the stage, but gave up that vocation when she married. Elizabeth lived in London until the age of seven, when the family left for the US. She started as child artiste and then gradually established herself as one of the finer actress in her times. Her transition was very quick, Liz was a leading child star by the age of 12 after her performance in MGM's National Velvet (1944). It wasn't long before she was knocking critics dead as a serious adult actress with films like Giant (1956), Raintree County (1957) and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958). 

Her tryst with drugs and alcoholism of late can not take away what she was, stunning looks and equally a good actress.

Some of her movies are : National Velvet, There's One Born Every Minute, Lassie Come Home, A Place in the Sun, Ivanhoe, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Suddenly, Last Summer, Butterfield 8, Cleopatra, Father of the Bride, Giant, The Sandpiper, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, The Taming of the Shrew, Secret Ceremony, The Mirror Crack'd.

My favourites are Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Giant, Who’s Afraid of Virgina Woolf and The Taming of the Shrew.

!!!R.I.P! Elizabeth Taylor.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment