Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Softness around this ‘M’, yummy and softy.


After a few heartfelt topics, it is time for a little stroll around my memory lane. I always believe in destiny and you can call me a destiny child too. Today where I am and how I reached there I do not know but lately things happen to me is that finally able to say no to money. Most probably consider a biggest achievement until to date. My old client from Virginia kept knocking me since 26th December for a project, a dream project for anybody, but politely ignoring it. Once I was like a crazy bit surfing the net all the time and asking, no rather pleading for job to them. I also off loaded quite a bit of students to get myself a considerable free time. So, entering a new phase of my life, just relaxing and writing or expressing myself.

I considered myself among those rare breed, who have seen a computer specially in India from its crawling days. It was just mid eighties; we worked with PC-DOS and Gw-Basic, FORTRAN, PASCAL and COBOL. For our documentation and Spreadsheet needs, we used WordStar and Lotus123. Then enter the MS-DOS. We were least bother with the changes. We Indian always same, least bother about the software we are using, never bother about the amount of hard work gone to create a software or other creative things we just copy it and use it like it is our paternal property. Anyway, the MS-DOS was one of the first Operating System (OS), which was also one of the first software by Microsoft Corporation. Even person like me whose days spent around the computer was not much aware about the MS. Then we started with GUI software called Windows 1.0 and around that time one of my friend just returned from USA, told me that for documentation why not use Microsoft Word, I was using WordStar and WordPerfect. She gave me six 3½“size floppy with Microsoft Word 2. That was my first encounter with the software which today I used everyday and maybe hundred times. Until 1995 we were using x86 systems, but in 1995 there were lots of buzz around that we are getting a few new computer (Pentium 1) with colour monitor and 20G.B. hard disk for a new OS called Windows-95. Life, I mean our job was not as same as before, things changed every day from that point onwards. You cannot imagine the joy when we realized that instead of pressing your up-down or left-right key for uncounted numbers of time you could take your cursor to point just with a moving device call mouse. All these comfort started with GUI based OS, it was very relaxing.

However, it is not good for me, mean a person who like to take the challenge silently which thrown by this company known as MS. No, I am not talking about application packages like Microsoft Office., look at other beautiful software which they just hurling at us. I am waiting for Visual studio-10, off-course in this case they have a tough competition from SUN Micro System.

So, Bill Gates, sir, I belongs to the generations those started without your MS touch but today I cannot live without it.

!!!This Gates is so huge, most probably whole universe can enter in it at one go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment