Thursday, June 03, 2010

Cashing the Crash

Two major disasters back to back within 10 days that was really a horrible experience. First, there was the Mangalore Air tragedy and then the man made accident of Jnaneswari Express. Both are same, victims are travelers either returning or going to home. When an air crash taken place, everyone including the aviation minister started blaming the pilot. Come on yar, they are also the victims and deserve sympathy.

In late nineties while going to my office my next-door neighbour’s husband told me “good news for you”. I was very surprised, I was in talking terms to my neighbour but hardly talk to her husband and wondering what good news he can give to me. Finally, he told me “there is a new train for Kolkata; it is a super deluxe express with full AC and food included in the fare itself”. Therefore, Gyaneshwari or Jnaneswari bring little memory back to me. When it started, it was full AC but gradually it reduced to a normal Express train like Gitanjali. I was happy and was looking forward to the journey, but never made it. Always traveled by Gitanjali or Mumbai Howrah Express but finally 2005 when I went to Mumbai that was the time I traveled by this train. It was no more the train as it was; I mean it was change to normal express train like other lots; still it was better than the lot. It named after Great Maharashtrian 13th century saint Jnaneshwara.

The politics in West Bengal is getting murkier by day. With small municipality election around the scenario in Kolkata and surrounding area is worst than ever. Every day there are two to three political meeting going right down under your nose and so much noise pollution is created by these small time politicos can not describe it. During my life I have been to many places including Jamshedpur, then it was under Bihar and now Jharkhand, I never seen this kind of noise in my life. Last Loksabha general election was better than this one.

Now this days politician no more tell that what they can do for you or what they have done, instead they always try to find fault of the opposition even language they use is not fit for any ones ear. I do not know how these foul mouth politicians get or buy vote.

The most ugly and horrible side of this election came to a point cannot be explained. The mud slinging taking place among politicians using the Gyaneshwari Accident. Seems India became good platform for all kind of terrorism, beyond the boundary as well as inside too. What a gory scene, if things go this way one-day world will get larger as people will not move around as fear will grow larger within. Whole families with men, women and children perishing in a man made sabotage. All I can spare is my little prayer for the departed souls.
!!!Looking up, just wonder if the God still exists and if yes then why there is more break than make.!!!

2 comments:

  1. One of the most interesting twist of this entire thing which I observed that this part of India where I am currently in i.e Mumbai, it is unfortunate that people were neither concerned nor affected by the incident.

    I sometimes feel that incidents which are centric to Mumbai receives the maximum attention and thereby ignoring some of the very significant ones like the Blast in Janeshwari train.

    Here, the general feeler received was very cold and non-impactful, which is sometimes very depressing. When there are terrosist attack or flood or any other such incident in Mumbai that attracts the media, it impacts the complete nation sometimes even more than Mumbai-tes. But news like the one has hardly any attention.

    It is also sad to share that every body today is talking about international terrorism, but if naxalism is soon not addressed it may be the next kind of terrorism which India may wittness in sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. 소액결제 현금화 후기

    ReplyDelete