Friday, July 10, 2009

Mumbai and Mumbai Kars and Myself

I am writing this piece just sitting in front of my computer in Kolkata. This is not a new thing; doing it everyday, since last ten years, 9 to 9, Monday to Saturday. Only new thing is that I am writing something else than a computer program.

I born in Kolkata, brought up in Jamshedpur and graduated to hardship in Mumbai. I will always consider myself a true Mumbai Kar. After ten long years, since I left Mumbai, my heart still bleeds for it. Those beautiful friends with simple queries “Tujhe Kuch Chahiye Kya?” than “Mujhe Chahiye”.

Those wonderful neighbours, those will even entertain your guest in your absence. Those lovely colleagues, and then from your daily dose of life –
Mumbai local trains, a piece of whole India and Indians. All those co-passenger and their long lasting association.
Nostalgia!!
How can I forget the beautiful language –?
In fun “lapet yar jitna chahiye lapet le” or “ekdam feku hai
In Anger “Aisa bheja chata na!! kaan ke niche bajane ko dil kar raha tha
In sorrow “apun ka mood bahut down hai
An unknown face giving you her own sit, that what you wanted most at that time-
thoda sit yaar”.

And those days of downpours and bandhs!
But worst of it, still haunted my memory –
1992-93 riot and all those bomb blast, train accidents.

They all are –
Always – either “Jhaka..as” or “Binda..as

You have to little “Bindas”, to enjoy your life, too much of it can be destructive.

Some those days are just too good but honestly some are bad too. Funny! old bad days often bring smile when you look behind. I can see behind, a young BeeeBeees- Some time smiling, or crying or just enjoying life but all with lots of struggle.
To make 2 + 2 = 4 Your whole life is gone.

But I was always positive and that is my mantra-
!!!Be Positive!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment