Thursday, January 24, 2013

Southward – [AP] – I



Travelling is one thing for which I can set aside all other entertainment from my menu. For me this is the best way to cool down and kicked the distressing worries. I make a point to travel at least once in a year. Not my all destinations are satisfactory like my memorable tour to valley of flower but every destination gave me a unique experience. Last Durga Puja vacation I wanted to visit Andaman but plan failed at the last moment. I was thinking that I have to spent the break sitting at home because it was impossible to get all the necessary booking but then I booked a package tour with a small time tour operator for seven days for Andhra. Before this one whenever we traveled we depended on our own scheduled, so that was the first which I have to depend upon the plan of the operator going to provide. Our destination was – Visakhapatnam, Araku Valley and then to Hyderabad. Not a great destination for the people like me but only thing that I was never been to these places.

We stayed three days in Visakhapatnam out of one we spent at Araku Valley.

Visakhapatnam

Visakhapatnam also known as Vizag, is a port city on the southeast coast of India. It is  the second-largest city in the state of Andhra Pradesh after Hyderabad and the third-largest city on the east coast after Chennai and Kolkata. Visakhapatnam is one of India's largest seaports and has the country's oldest shipyard.

The city was named after Visakha, the Hindu god of valor. It is nestled among the hills of the Eastern Ghats and faces the Bay of Bengal on the east. Visakhapatnam is the administrative headquarters of Visakhapatnam district and headquarters of the Eastern Naval Command of the Indian Navy. Visakhapatnam was mentioned in the Indian epics Ramayana and Mahabharata in the forests of the Eastern Ghats where the two brothers, Rama and Lakshmana, wandered in search of Sita.

Must See Places

The beaches – The city surrounded by sea and so there are quite a few beaches are there and some of the beaches provide water riding too.



 The Aquarium





 Kailasa Giri Park

Kailasa giri is located on a hilltop and is a must to visiting place for all people visiting Vishakhapatnam. It is one of the prominent hill top parks with panoramic sea view on the East Coast.







 Submarine Museum

Submarine Museum, 'Smritika' set up nearby the Vishakapatanam port, is located at the serene beach named the Rama Krishna Beach. The museum started functioning in 2001 was converted from INS Kusura, a Russian built submarine. Only one of these kinds in India and Asian continent, this Submarine Museum attracts many.











!!!The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.  - St. Augustine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment