Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cloud Nine Ecstasy – From the edge and to the God [ Part - VI ]


It is Durga Puja time in Kolkata, this year decided to stay back at home during this break. My folks will leave for Uttarakahand on October 16, so I will be all alone for this ten days but work will start from coming Monday. Today, October 14, it is Maha-Saptami and believe me or not, Kolkata is rocking.

Let me get back to my OXY-Tour, August 29, it was time to bid adieu from the heaven. Once again it was raining and we had to start early, we took two horses from a boy named Raju. Once again I was in company of Madhuji. Same route through which we had gone up to Ghangaria looked very dangerous due to rain. It was very scary while sitting on a horseback and on the mercy of it. Madhuji was very worried about Goyelji, who was behind, but finally she was relieved when she got the news from Suhash about Goyelji’s safety. We stopped by a tea stall and had a very light breakfast. Reached Govindghat around 11.30, it was very hot, the fifteen minutes walks from the bridge to Badrinath road where GMVN bus was waiting for us was a tiring one. It was nice to see Madhusdhan Bhaiji back with the group. We left for Mana Village.

Mana Village : It is the last village on the Indo-Tibet border. Many places famous in Hindu mythology lie close to Mana Village such as Vyas Gufa, Ganesh Gufa, Bhimpul and Vasudhara falls. Mana Village10248 ft above sea level and with a population of around 3000 to 5000. is


First sight of  Mana Village

A typical  Village House

Waterfall


I was feeling bit down and tired, so decided to stay back. While moving around met Mr. Ahuja, who was there in a village tea shop. We talked about different topic for sometime until all other members returned. Once all were back, immediately we moved towards Badrinath. Many of our group members were already been there but it was first time for me. I am not a religious person and failed to believe about God existence in temple. My idea about god is one who is always within me as my friend and guardian and tells me what’s right and what’s wrong, often I may not listen to him but most of the time I consider myself to be an obedient one, at the same time I cannot overlook my roots and my orthodox upbringing.

Badrinath : It has an average elevation of 11,204 feet. Located on the right bank of river Alaknanda, is one of the four Dhams that a devout Hindu has to visit in his lifetime to attain salvation. Known as 'Tapobhoomi' (land of meditation and penance) and 'Bhubaikunth' (heaven on earth). It is surrounded on either side, by two mountain ranges of Nar and Narayan, with the Neelkanth peak, providing a spectacular backdrop. Badrinath was re-established as a major pilgrimage site by Adi Shankara in the ninth century.


In the Mahabharata, Krishna, addressing Arjuna, says, "Thou wast Nara in a former body, and, with Narayana for thy companion, didst perform dreadful austerity at Badari for many myriads of years."

The mountains around Badrinath are mentioned in the Mahabharata, when the Pandavas are said to have ended their life by ascending the slopes of a peak  called Swargarohini


Badrinath Temple

Badrinath Temple at night

Hot spring

We reached Badrinath by 3pm and lodged in GMVN hotel named DEVLOK, the place was at a stone throwing away from the famous temple. I am not very comfortable bathing with full view so instead of taking a bath in hot spring the one was at temple, decided to bath at the hotel bathroom and then visited the temple immediately. Surprised to see that a temple at stature of Badrinath look deserted, while performing puja there were couple of people present apart from myself. After puja I stayed back for an hour and stroll around the temple, clicked a few photos, one of my best photo came from this spot. A peeping  mountain peak with all glory and blessed with sun shine, while other neighbouring mountains were covered by thick cloud.

At Night had food with Madhuji and Induji at the hotel restaurant and finally retired for the day. I was more relaxed because all major destinations of our tours were almost over.

Incoming Devotees


Sun’s step Motherly behavior

At the dusk



!!!If presence of God in ones life gives peace and harmony then why so much destruction in the name of religion?!!!
[Journey Cont...]

No comments:

Post a Comment