Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cloud Nine Ecstasy – Seventh Heaven [ Part - IV ]



Ghangaria: A tiny valley situated at an altitude of 10000ft., standing in the balcony of my hotel I can see the mountain; it was just a few meters away. All evening spent lazing in my room, I tried to recollect the moments when I rested the same way at an odd hour, but could not recollect a single except a few during sickness. Missing a computer and cursing myself for not buying a Notebook before coming here.


River Pushpawati

On My Way

Every Mountain is Unique


Valley of Flowers (History) : In 1931, Frank S. Smythe a British mountaineer lost his way while returning from a successful expedition to Mt.Kamet and he reached this valley which was full of flowers. He was so attracted towards the beauty of the place he named it as "Valley of Flowers".


In 1939 Miss Margaret Legge, from Edinburgh came to the valley for studies. While she was moving through some rocky slopes to collect flowers, she slipped off and was lost for ever. Her sister later visited the valley and erected a memorial near the spot.


Flower Bed -> >






Next morning, August 27 was the D-day for us, got up at 5a.m. and decided to take a bucket of hot water for bath. After morning tea, ordered for a packed breakfast. Weather was excellent, bought a walking stick made out of bamboo and started towards the destination for what I came here. I took a porter and started alone; my journey to a fairyland situated at an altitude of 12000ft, of-course from Ghangaria it is 2000ft. This time River Pushpawati was giving me the company. The four-kilometer route took around 3 hours time. Mr. Seth, Mr. Vyas, Mr. Umesh and some of my group members were already there.


Flowers and Flowers






The valley are surrounded by mountains and a glacier, the glacier was almost six kilometer from the valley, it was exactly opposite direction of our trekking route. After having breakfast from my kitty, decided to go further but after about walking for twenty minutes, remembered that I left my raincoat behind, even weather was good and sun was shining brightly but still in mountain no one can predict about the weather, so I decided to come back to the place where I left my belongings. On the way, I met both Suhashs, Soumitra Biswas and wife Sutapa, all were moving further. While coming back surprised and shocked when somebody called me in Bengali as “Didi” (elder sister). Gosh! There were the three gentlemen who were travelling with me in the train while I was on my way to Haridwar, standing with an ear-to-ear smile. It was a unique experience to see them there, after exchanging pleasantries they vanished towards the glacier, the speed they generated while moving further was unbelievable. What an experience, coming from same city, boarded same train and accidentally lodged in same hotel, then meeting in the heaven created by ultimate super power.

WonderLand


Give me Red



BrahmaKamal
Flowers were little below expectation all because due to excessive rain but still it was worth all trouble what I had taken for. Memories will remain with me but clicked at everything whatever I felt like along with a couple of videos too.

After two hours I decided to return back, on my way back met Madhusudhan, Madhuri, Mr. Daulat and Mr. Vasant Dhabke . Mr. Daulat requested me to click one of his photos, so, I did it.

Just look at Me


Flowers Bed


Mountains Own Creation - Tourist Rest Shade

Sun was shining brightly, feeling little hot as well as getting tired; around two in the afternoon came back to hotel, after little rest, took my lunch along with Madhusudhan Bhaiji. He was the most talkative person in our group. His knowledge about Hindu mythology amazed me; it was good experience while talking to him. It was rest and rest all the evening and took a few dose of arnica as precaution. While lying in bed just scanned through the pictures from my camera. Of course, what I captured through my eyes and stored in my memory will be with me until my last day.


Paint me Yellow -> >


Back to Ghangaria


 !!!WOW! Kudos to this gardener, secretly gardening, budding and caring this wonderful garden in the valley, hope at least you can give a big thumbs down to the global warming.!!!


[Journey Cont….]

No comments:

Post a Comment