Thursday, April 29, 2010

What is My Class?

I like these classes. In a day, I have to create at least two dozens of class. Confused? I am talking about Object Oriented Programming in Computer. I like OOPs, be it C++, Java, C#, J# or others. Here I can name my class without any interference but today I am confused with my own class, the class in which I exists and not the class that I have created.

In early days moving around Kolkata means red color noisy Government Buses, no private buses were available that time. If we asked for a taxi ride, our guardians made us feel like that if we asked for a piece of land in moon. Going out that time gave us a chance of rare outings at the same time it was horrible experience while moving in those buses. Mostly we used to visit our aunt in South 24 Parganas and that too on very rare occasion, and often my elder aunt used to take me to Mathurapur where she was working at that time and in a train but today I cannot remember those train journeys. I never enjoy a bus ride; feel like vomiting whenever aboard a bus. Bus service in Kolkata still in very bad condition, feel pity whenever look at the interior and seats arrangement.

We were very lucky as often used to visit Jamshedpur and then Jamshedpur to Kolkata. Those journeys were very nostalgic as that time world was very huge and people hardly move around. We were having rare privilege of those train rides and in regular basis. While living in Jammy, we mostly used our eleven numbers to move around the small sleepy town.

When, I started travelling alone, mostly in two tier-sleeping coaches and with a reserved ticket. Whenever trains pass through Bihar and U.P. your reservation turned to be invalid by default, in your reserved seat, you will feel like a stranger. I always tried to book an upper berth while reserving a seat, little safer. Apart from recent past, I never travelled by a
first class, because my equation is very simple, a first class coach never reaches before the second class. Time complexity! My students will like this. I am not comfortable with too much comfort. If I can travel by a fax, certainly pay whatever asked to pay. Trains always was an integral part of my life; it gave me a unique family, lots of friends, a few enemies, unlimited joys, bit of sorrows, lasting impression and a little depression. I am talking about great Mumbai locals that were my second home during my stay over there and on those very hard working days. That was the time when I was only an Indian citizen.

Later, I became a world citizen too. Started flying around certain part of the world with some of those best air carriers like KLM, Cathy Pacific, Gulf Air, Singapore Airlines, Saudi Airlines, Air India etc. All above were my pleasure and my employer's pain but always in economic class. With the low-cost airlines came to the scenario, taken bit liberty and start looking beyond my old friend means Indian Railways.

Today I walk ten minutes to reach my work place in Kolkata. Whatever transport I get from out as well as from my home I denied all and keep walking and last ten years doing so, scorching heat, heavy rains or cold weather I prefer to walk.

Since I born, that was my travelling pattern, rather call it a travelling bio-data. In India more than 20% people still travel by bullock cart, rest by trains and buses. Hardly 5% to 10% fly in and out and 2% out of that only by first class. Now I asked a question to foreign educated (with a Kolkata connection – amazing), ex. UN Under-Secretary-General, most probably having equal mixture of red and so called blue blood and finally ex. Junior MEA minister Mr. Sashi Tharoor

Sir, can you tell me what is my class?

No, it is not cattle class, because that is too high for me but certainly a near extinct class, who guided by her brain and executed with her heart. Class of a person exposed instantly when one opens their respective mouth.
!!!Class lies in honest heart, in beautiful mind, in genuine smile, so give a kick to the so-called classy classic class and try to be class apart.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment